Pages

Welcome:

This is my initial foray into the world of blogging. Here, as the title suggests, I'll discuss those things that occupy me mind, body and soul.


Life - My wife, my kids, parents, family and friends. What it means to be from Pittsburgh, and basically the triumphs and travails of a U.S. citizen swept up by the ever blowing winds of change in today's Information Age.


The Universe - From the beauty of a Luna moth in my shrubbery; to the majestic photos from the Hubble Telescope, whose images force us to come face to face both with our insignificance, as well the incredible splendor of the Universe around us; to the physical, philosophical and ethical implications such discoveries as the Higgs-Bosun particle may, and will, have on today's world, as I see it.


and the Pittsburgh Steelers - I'm a product of the Pittsburgh Diaspora, and damn proud of it. The Steelers, and the Rooney family represent the quiet dignity, work ethic, and basic goodness of the people of Pittsburgh, and have done so since 1933. No other organization, in the sports world or otherwise, better represents, honors, and carries forth proudly the basic essence and traditions of the people of its birthplace, than the Pittsburgh Steelers


In no small part, and in no particular order, I dedicate my musings to be found herein to my Wife, my Family, and the People of Pittsburgh, for without all of them, I would not be who I am today. The comments, thoughts and opinions contained herein are solely my own, with all faults or blame laid only at my own feet.


Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Great news Steeler Fans about DeCastro...


Reports are he's walking fine, and making progress.  There may be hope to get him back by mid-season.
To commemorate his recovery, and in recognition of the high expectations held by Steeler Nation, a modification of a classic poem:
He blocks in beauty, like the night
Of flagless plays, assignments met
And all that’s best of lanes kept tight
Meet in his aspect; his stance a vets
Thus replace Foster’s lack of fight
Which running lanes his lack abets.
One slide the more, one step the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Of the runners cutback progress
The strain so clear upon his face
His knee the subject of distress
As Gilbert did his knee displace
But now his face, his furrowed brow
So stern, so hard yet eloquent
But foretell of days he be now
A man at war, D lines lament
A beast he be, a guard, a plow
(with apologies to George Gordon, Lord Byron for mangling his poem “She Walks in Beauty”)

No comments:

Post a Comment